There are so many benefits of de-cluttering.
- By letting go of old stuff not only do you make lots of lovely space to roll around in - you clear stale energy and emotions. Put your gramophone on so you can sing along, its lots of fun.
- It normally takes about 20 minutes to sort through a drawer.
- Concentrate on one room at a time, don't pull the whole house out in one go!!
- Clothes - If your posh frock doesn't fit, throw it out. We only wear 20% of our clothes for 80% of the time!
- My wardrobe looks very sweet. I've put all the clothes in to colours, which looks smarter!!
- If you have shrunk a woolly jumper, then why not make a cover for a pillow with it, or I could make you a pretty corsage out of it.
- People keep unwanted gifts for a number of reasons, sentimental value, or because one day they feel they might need them, or think they may become of some value.
- Be ruthless. If you choose to keep, be selective, cover a beautiful box for them and put a few special pieces in!
- Finally have three boxes and a bin liner, labelled "keep" "use" or "give away. Throw away broken or damaged, take straight away to charity, or gift to friends.
P.S. Don't forget your furniture too.... I could always give it a sparkly finish. Let me know.
Till next time....